Who we are:
Premiership Rugby is the organising body of the Gallagher Premiership Rugby league. We are responsible for organising the Premiership Rugby competition, the centralised broadcast rights and other commercial rights for the league.
We are also responsible for all aspects of the governance, regulation, delivery and promotion of the Premiership Rugby Cup, Premiership Rugby Shield (formerly A League), the Premiership Rugby 7s and the Under 18s competition.
Premiership Rugby is a private company, wholly owned by and responsible to its member clubs. Each of the member clubs is independent of Premiership Rugby, working within the rules of the game as laid out by World Rugby, the RFU and English law and delivering in their local communities.
Representatives from the clubs come together regularly for a Board meeting, at which decisions are taken collectively as to the best way to develop the professional game for the benefit of all clubs, stakeholders and fans.
At the end of each season, revenues accrued by Premiership Rugby through broadcast and commercial agreements are distributed across all the clubs for re-investment in club activities both on and off the pitch.
Vision and Values:
Premiership Rugby’s vision is to be the best and most competitive league in the world.
We have five core values, which we encourage our clubs, stakeholders and partners to share with us.
- Competitive: We strive to be the best in everything we do and to maximise opportunities, so that our competitions, programmes and people are world-leading.
- Progressive: We seek out opportunities to innovate and take considered risks. We take pride in our challenger mentality and in testing conventional thinking.
- Respectful: Our commitment to respect and sporting behaviour extends from the pitch into our business. We use our clubs, their performances, our media channels, and our programmes to inspire and develop the sport’s values with players, coaches, volunteers and fans.
- Inclusive: We welcome and celebrate diversity, opinion and teamwork. We strive to make our competitions and activities available and enjoyable to as many people as possible in whatever capacity they wish.
- Professionally excellent: We set the highest standards for our collective and individual performances and commit to delivering excellence on and off the pitch.